Maker Faire Cairo measures during COVID-19
As the risk of COVID-19 is still there affecting our daily activities including big events and gatherings and as the safety always comes first, we decided to do our best in protecting our beloved Makers and Community.
Our measures to insure a higher public safety is based on WHO recommendations for mass gatherings during COVID and the local safety standards for conducting public events:
- We are continuously assessing the situation, based on current governmental regulations and recommendations concerning conditions;
- Our event is in an open air location with enough distance between booths for attendees to avoid over crowdedness;
- We remind participants to engage in everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Prevent sharing of equipment and clean frequently touched objects;
- Avoid as much as possible handshakes, high fives or physical greetings.
- The are rubbish bins will be emptied periodically during the event;
The plan is not definite and it undergoes a frequent updating/changing process considering the current developments of the situation. For more information and updates about COVID-19, please check the official WHO information center and the Advices for public page